Asking questions can be a fun date night activity, but they can also be a great way to get to know your partner a little better. Many websites will frame these questions as ‘things you should know about your partner before you get engaged/ married’ but we don’t necessarily agree with that. Yours and your partner’s relationship is your own, no-one can tell you what you should and shouldn’t know about each other.
So, don’t feel bad if you can’t already answer these questions about your partner. You will forever be learning new things about each other, as you grow together in your relationship. This is not a test of how well you know your partner, or how strong your relationship is. Rather, it is an opportunity to learn more about your partner, to develop your communication skills, and have a little bit of fun! So, without further ado, here are our top 20 getting to know you questions!
1. What is your first memory of me?
2. What are your favourite & least favourite things about me?
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. What is your fondest memory?
5. What is most important to you in a relationship?
6. How would you describe your perfect vacation?
7. What would you do if you won the lottery?
8. What was your childhood fear?
9. What are your main goals in life?
10. What do you want to achieve before settling down?
11. In your opinion, what makes a strong relationship?
12. How many children do you want?
13. How important are friends and family to you?
14. Do you believe in religion?
15. What turns you on/ off the most?
16. What achievement are you most proud of?
17. How do you imagine your life in ten years?
18. Who are the people you trust most in your life?
19. What makes you angry?
20. What things about me make you know I’m the one for you?
Even More Questions
After finishing our list of the top 20 getting to know you questions, hopefully you’ll discover that asking questions to your partner (and answering them too) can be a fun experience that makes you feel close. Learning more about your partner, or even just hearing things you already know, can help you feel emotionally connected even when you are far apart. That is one of the reasons that finding and asking new questions is one of our favourite date night activities (it even features in our guide to Skype dates).
So, if you are like us, we have included links to some of our favourite lists of questions on the internet. These are huge resources, with anywhere between 30 and 300 questions to ask your partner. Of course, you will notice that a lot of questions are the same, or at least similar, but there are always new ones to discover that can spark a completely new conversation.
- 30 Questions for Couples
- 100 Date Night Questions
- 276 Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 365 Questions for You and Your Spouse
We hope you have enjoyed these questions as much as we have, and perhaps they have sparked some conversation between you and your long distance partner. We know it has for us. By asking and talking about these questions (whether they are serious or silly), you are sure to grow your bond and grow together as a couple. But, of course, we also want to hear from you. What are your favourite date night questions? Have we missed any from our list? Let us know in the comments below.